long range hunting,tactical-store，Beretta，Konus,GunVault,Seeland，BOTACH,阿特拉斯,atlas bipods,CHRONY
Beta Master chronograph
A chronograph is an essential part of my equipment. Over the years I have had quite a few machines so I jumped at the chance to try the new BETA MASTER Beta Master, which takes a lot of the physical and mental leg work out of the job. At an agreeable sub-£140, it is a competent machine that will do everything I require. Incidentally I have owned seven chrono’s over the years - six of which died in spectacular, gun-related accidents; for that read not aiming properly though not all by me. Not sure if that’s a record, the seventh happily passed away from old age.
High and Wide
The BETA MASTER design is distinctive with a compact, hinged, steel body (threaded for a tripod) that folds into itself, which is colour-coded; in this case blue. This holds the two timer sensors and also mounts the sky screens that provide the essential shadow in bright light. Two sets of four rods are provided and six sky screen sections so you can if required mount them low or higher and wider. There’s no integral display screen, but a small remote unit/controller, which offers easy viewing and operation from the firing position, plus there’s less chance of blast damage as with a muzzle-facing display. Power is supplied by a PP9 battery.
The remote unit is the brain and stores data and can connect to a PC for downloading. The memory holds up to 60 shots that can be divided into 10-shot strings if required, this capacity can be upgraded to 1000-shots. In essence each model is an improvement from the one below with extra features added. So what do you get?
• Numbered shot velocities
• Display remains until the next shot
• One string from 2 – 32-shot memory
• Measures high, low and average velocities
• Shows ES (extreme spread) and SD (standard deviation) variations
• Feet and metres per second selection
• Retrieval of individual shot velocities
• Deletes individual shots from memory and automatically adjusts figures
• 60-shot memory
• Remote can be switched off and removed for information retrieval
• Moves instantly from string to string
• Interrupts shooting on any string without memory loss
• Each string delivers its own statistics